Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Catch up

Okay, so I've been MIA in the blogging world lately. Just a bit busy. So to catch up, I had a week or so where I had a lot of good catches. Poop ones even. Once I thought, "Oh, I'm too late. Oh, well, I'll just take her anyway." I wasn't too late and it was a perfect poop catch. On a few mornings, I took her first thing in the morning and caught poops both times. I have been catching random pees now and then and I can really tell that she's responding to the cues. Whether she's responding to the verbal ones or just the position (which you can see in the picture above), I don't know, but it's working! I can also tell that she holds her poop. Usually she will fill the diaper if I don't take her--she rarely has little squirts. But when I hold her over the "pot" and she goes, it's not as much as it is in the diaper when she's been holding it. I feel like we have success proportional to the amount of effort we put in. I'm really hopeful that when we have more effort to put in, things will all come together and we won't have any misses! Speaking of misses, this past week has not gone quite so well. I keep thinking that she needs to go but she doesn't and she just starts to cry at me. Or I don't wait long enough and she pees within five minutes of having the diaper put back on. It seems that intuition is actually the best way to do it. I think that I can notice subtle cues subconsciously but I can't really pinpoint what exactly they are. It seems like when I'm missing more, I'm thinking more too. If I just take her when it feels like an impulse, things tend to go better. Weird, I know. And not very helpful to others that want to try it, but that's what I've got so far. I also think that it might help when things aren't going very successfully so have her spend some time without a diaper. It seems like after I watched her patterns that way for a little while, the intuition was more on target. So maybe I'll try that again this weekend or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment