Thursday, July 22, 2010

A good day with Landon

So, given the fact that I have four kids and it's summer so there's no school and that one of those kids is 18 months old and into everything and that another one of them needs me to breastfeed him every 2 hours, I've decided not to stress about pottying Landon. I think it's been an asset in getting MORE catches though. I've just been taking him if I think of it while I'm changing his diaper or if I notice any cues and it's a convenient thing to do right then. His cues have been pretty easy to read compared to Alaina's (or maybe I'm better at it?). I can even recognize pee cues, though I don't recognize them as such when I decide to take him--I just think, "oh, he has to go potty" and then he pees.

But here's the point of this post: Today Landon kept his diaper dry for about 6 hours straight! I caught a poop this morning and a pee midmorning. Then I missed a poop and maybe a pee too. I changed the poopy diaper and then I caught the next poop and then he took a long nap. I was just sure that he filled his diaper during his nap because he got all squirmy a couple of times and had gas. But then after his nap I went to change him and, not only was he not poopy, he was also DRY! I thought, "well, surely he's got to poop then. He must have been holding it despite all that squirming." So I took him potty and he peed! A lot! Who says babies have no bladder control?!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome. thanks for the advise. It has taken a lot more stress off of me. I think that now that I am ok with missing some pees that I will be more motivated to take him more. Its wired. I also think I am going to really get into cloth diapers to help with this process.

    ReplyDelete