Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Awesome progress!

The past week or so has been really cool! I've been missing a lot of poop (that's not the cool part) and she's been pooping way more often than she used to for some reason (also not the cool part). Maybe because she's eating so much solid food. BUT (and here's the cool part) we've been having LOTS of pee catches! She's responding to my cues really well and really consistently. She also seems to recognize that it's better to go in the pot than in the diaper if she has the opportunity. Just about every single time I offer her the pot, she pees! We still catch some poops but not as many as we were. Maybe she just wants to work on one thing at a time? It's also really interesting to see her awareness of going potty. If I offer her the potty and she has to go, I can tell right away because she looks down between her legs, waiting and watching for it. If she doesn't have to go, she looks at herself in the mirror or looks around the room. I still don't take her often enough for her to being peeing predominantly in the potty, but when I have time to take her and I think of it, she goes every time! This is so very much better than it was just a week or so ago! It's really exciting and gives me hope that she's NOT getting diaper trained. And that will make it SOOOO much easier to get her into underwear full time. So despite the fact that she's almost 9 months (my goal for being diaper-free) and we still aren't super proficient at this, I'm really happy with where things are at the last little while and I hope that I can maintain the foundation we've build and add to it.

Yesterday I kept track of how often she went and had her diaper free or in cloth diapers for pretty much the whole day. In the morning she went every half-hour except for a longer stretch during her nap. In the afternoon, she only went once every two or three hours until we went up the canyon for family night and I put her in a disposable diaper for the rest of the evening. It was a good way to learn her timing and I hope to spend a few more days diaper free or in cloth this week and see if we can really get moving on this. She's so close to signing (she has two or three things she's just starting to sign) that I think we could do really well if I learn her elimination schedule better AND she starts to sign. We'll be golden!

No comments:

Post a Comment